Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26th, 2013 sidenote

Two posts in one day? WHAT?

I had a conversation yesterday that I've been thinking about for a long time and it's really been an interesting topic to my brain (Did that even make sense?) The topic is: Hair! As most of you know, I had long hair up until November of last year (2012, for those of you who can't count) Example below
I look like a gross hippie.
After a long, LONG debate with myself I finally decided to chop it all off. My hair is really fine and stringy, making it hard to manage or really do anything with. It was always messy and always everywhere. I hated it, I hated the way it looked and I hated the way it made me look. It was impossible for me to feel pretty with hair that was tangled and un-manageable. It was a big, ballsy step for me to cut it all off into a pixie after having it so long for, well, so long. 
I feel a lot more feminine with short hair, believe it or not. After I cut it all off I began to take some risks with the clothes I wore, bright prints, weird color combinations, skirts!. It brought out a side in me that I would have other wise never found if it wasn't for the cut. Under all that hair was a beautiful young woman. I don't see myself not having short hair for a long time. One: it's darling and I feel pretty, and two: my hair takes forever to grow. Who want's to experience that awkward grow out phase? I sure don't. 
I hope that if you are considering cutting off your hair that you will take this post into consideration. It is a huge step, and everyone has a length that their comfortable with. Believe it or not, I received a hair cut that I thought was too short! But hair grows, it's all reversible. Take baby steps if you're not sure. Being someone who has had many different hair styles, I knew I was ready for a big change. Please contact me if you have any concerns about this kind of transition.
While my hair is not as short as it was when I first got it cut, I enjoy it's crazy unpredictability, and I love my fire hydrant red color even though it has successfully stained everything I own. 
Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment