Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11th, 2013

I'm really starting to go back and forth about my whole future. A part of me thinks marriage is a forced tradition that makes people cling to each other for no other reason than tax exemptions and to avoid harsh looks from more traditional folks (only when children are factored in). From what I have observed over the years, marriage is a hit or miss concept. Some people should be married, some people belong together.

A part of me wants to be married, to have kids, to do the whole family thing. I follow several photographers who do many weddings and the photographs raise these thoughts in me over and over again. I'm not even twenty and I feel like I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life because I haven't gotten married yet.

To be so in love with someone that you couldn't imagine spending another day without them in your life sounds like a dream to my girlish brain. Having someone who loves you just the same is also another girlish dream. My heart aches at the thought. 

It's a twisted thought process that has continued since I started at WSU last year and it's been bothering me a lot recently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment