Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14th, 2013 (updated)

Sometimes I wish life was spelled out, that your destiny was foretold and anything that happened in between your birth and what your were meant to do was absolutely meaningless. I feel as though I've been punched in the gut, and all the air has vanished from my lungs, leaving me breathless and paralyzed with fear for for the next hit. My sadness is meaningless, of coarse. I will try to get up and dust myself off when the fight is over.

Here are some pictures from AFW (Anime Festival Wichita) 9 that I took this weekend.







I learned something about myself this weekend. That I have to push myself to be social because no one is going to do it for me. It paid off and I met some great new friends. I am hoping to learn from this experience and apply it to this coming school year.

After 3 days of convention goodness, I always start thinking about my next costume project. The next convention I'm planning on attending is Emerald City Steampunk Festival which is held in November. I plan on doing some elaborate dress, and some casual outfits for the other two days. AFW 10 is the big question. I'm leaning towards doing a gender swap Doctor Who, most likely 10 or 11. While I was looking up ideas for this gender swap I ran across this article on gender swap cosplay on Urban Outfitter's blog.While it is not very extensive, it makes my heart so happy to see that cosplay is permeating into the real world. I'll keep a log of my decision making regarding my steampunk costume and cosplays for AFW 10.

I tend to find a song that explains exactly how I'm feeling at that time and listen to it over and over again. This is that song:
Harder than Stone (acoustic) - City and Colour
 

No comments:

Post a Comment